Private Duty Nursing in Muskegon, Grand Haven & Surrounding Areas
We provide the next level of home health care for your loved at home and reduce your daily worry with private duty nursing.
Sometimes a family caregiver or home health aide just cannot meet the increasing medical needs of a loved one, so that is where private duty nursing steps in. Comfort Keepers® can help. Our specially trained private duty nurses provide the level of care a loved one needs to stay safely at home rather than in a nursing facility or hospital.
What is Private Duty Nursing?
In contrast to Comfort Keepers' traditional home health services, private duty nursing provides one-on-one medical care to an individual in the home or in a facility. Home health private duty nursing provides the higher level of care while working in tandem with the caregiver who is providing companion-homemaker services along with personal care services. Our goal is to provide the customized care needed by a client - from home health to private duty nursing, all from one agency.Contact Us
How Comfort Keepers in Spring Lake & Muskegon, MI Can Help
Our skilled home health licensed practical nurses (LPN's) and registered nurses (RN's) can perform many medical tasks in private duty nursing such as the following:
- setting up medications in weekly pill boxes or automatic medication dispensing machines to help ensure medications are administered appropriately
- administering medications, such as oral and topical medications, eye and eardrops, injections, nebulizers, inhalants, and oxygen
- providing personal medical care, including nail trimming, oral cavity suctioning, and bowel supervision
- filling insulin syringes, interpreting blood sugar results and physician-ordered sliding scale dosages, and drawing up and/or mixing insulin for future injections
- maintaining ostomy and catheter hygiene
- care training for family members
Comfort Keepers’ private duty nurses are available to assist clients with regularly scheduled nursing visits or hourly care for extended shifts, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We work closely with the client’s medical team and family to provide extended support.