- Starting the Conversation
- Signs of Fraud Against Seniors
- Senior Immunizations
- Seniors and Hearing Loss
- Seniors Dealing with Pain
- Fire Safety and Prevention Tips for Seniors
- Understanding Breast Cancer
- Quality of Life
- Stress Management During the Holidays
- What You Need to Know About Glaucoma on National Glaucoma Awareness Month
- Legal Considerations
In-Home Senior Care & Legal Considerations in Spring Lake & Muskegon, MI
Find out more about important legal considerations from in-home senior care professionals in Spring Lake, MI
We understand that aging can be a scary thought, not only in terms of facing mortality and losing certain abilities, but also addressing certain legal matters. Often, when these legal considerations are addressed early, headaches and grief can be avoided. In-home senior care professionals suggest that you discuss these matters as early as possible in Spring Lake, MI so that your senior loved one can rest assured that their wishes will be respected in case they are ever unable to communicate them. Living wills, powers of attorneys and other instruction are complicated legal issues that require a lot of thought and discussion. While just thinking about these legal documents can be scary, we highly recommend that you keep an open dialogue with your senior loved one and other family members. Also, our in-home senior care professionals recommend that you gather these documents in one safe place to avoid any future headaches when looking for them.
Here are a few legal matters to consider:
- Advanced Health Care Directive
- There are two types of these directives - a living will and a durable power of attorney, this document allows your senior loved one to express their wishes concerning medical treatment and care if they are no longer able to make decisions for themselves in the event they become incapacitated
- Durable Power of Attorney
- In this document, your senior loved one will give a person of their choice the power to act in their place so they may be able to take care of important matters, like paying bills or directing medical care.
- HIPAA Authorization
- A HIPAA authorization form will allow you senior loved one to give access to their personal health information and medical history
Please do not hesitate to give us a call if you have any questions. Our in-home senior care professionals are standing by at Comfort Keepers Home Care in Spring Lake and the surrounding areas of Michigan.
Comfort Keepers is proud to serve the following areas of Michigan:
18000 Cove St #203, Ferrysburg, MI 49456
Comfort Keepers of Spring Lake, MI is proud to be a BBB Online Accredited Business and the recipient of the 2015-2016 Comfort Keepers Operational Excellence Award!